- Vedic Fun Days begins at the Thursday Market starting March 24 @ Ahimsa Goshala. Cultivate harmonious and prosperous village life together.
- Worker Bees re-start Saturday March 26. In field meet-ups begin @ Blue Earth Forest Farm, Bhumi Farm, Community Garden and Vedic Eco Village.
- April features planting greenhouse and hearty crops (peas and greens) and plowing fields with ox @ Vedic Eco Village.
Saranagati Village News
Gardener Survey meta data: We have 63 total plants that are being grown. We have 8 fruit trees varieties, 7 berries, and 12 herbs. Fifteen people participated in the survey.
The next goal is to organize the data so that we can see
1) planting dates
2) harvest dates
3) weights of harvest
4) seed bank seed
For visuals I can make scatter plots. One of the goals is to include charting software so that we can have visuals on demand.
Ideas or insights that would be useful on how to use this data are appreciated.
Our current focus is food security: more greenhouses, milking cows, crops, berries, herbs, fruit & nut trees. We need more community cooperation and sharing of resources to insure our future food.
"Produce your own food, grains, not for making money but just for feeding yourself and the animals. Keep as many cows as possible, and produce, till the ground, field and make water supply arrangements. The first necessities of life are eating and shelter. Then you become peaceful, no anxiety for your maintenance and then cultivate this spiritual knowledge in the same way. Don't be dependent on anyone else, become self-independent and don't be after money. Simply produce…
Daily activities include growing, harvesting and preparing food, clearing the forest, milling lumber and building infrastructure. We grow seasonal crops, as well as nut & fruit orchards and flower gardens.
We are clearing the forest and building roads and walkways. We are landscaping, fencing and planting gardens around the Eco Village Colony. Thinned trees and milled and used to build bath huts and farm structures. We are expanding irrigation, orchard and farming operations. Objectives for 2022:
- shalla box and fenced area in garden for grazing ox and cows
- heated facilities for guests
- walipini greenhouse completion
- library rocket mass heater and bath completion
- composter @ main cabin, library and guest area
- foundation for Go Shala for future cows
- leveling and landscaping for colony plots
- engineer plan for 10x10x10…